Friday, April 13, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries For Emotional Boo-Boos

Before...
I finished my taxes today.

I haven't ripped out my hair.

I didn't down a fifth of scotch.

I haven't put my head in the oven.

But I am making sweet potato fries. And I might eat them all in 20 minutes.

Don't judge me.

Financial nonsense aside, the last couple days have been an emotional crapfest. Lots of anger issues bubbling up, making me, I'm sure, an absolute delight. Fortunately, I have a few things to look forward to this weekend, and a sweet potato on my counter not doin' nothin'. A little comfort food? Uh, yes please!

After.
I'm working on Smell-O-Vision
Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • coconut flour
  • spices to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375
  2. Peel your sweet potato and slice into fries or chips, whatever shape you prefer
  3. Whisk together egg, olive oil, and spices in a bowl
  4. Egg-wash the potato slices and lightly dust with as much coconut flour as needed
  5. Bake for 30 minutes, take out and flip over slices to prevent burning, and then bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and brown
  6. Let them cool before you shovel them down your gullet, and growl protectively at anyone that tries to take what is rightfully yours


No comments:

Post a Comment