Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Adventure Begins


Ever see the Saturday Night Live sketch with Phil Hartman as the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer? “I’m just a caveman; your world frightens and confuses me.” That’s how I feel most of the time... sometimes even without the sardonic overtones.

Nowadays, it seems like every 3rd commercial is for a pill, every 5th ad in a magazine is for a diet solution, and every other story on the news is about a drug recall or a study about how unhealthy our society has become. With all the science and technology at our disposal, we're fat, unhappy, complacent, and dependent on these wildly poisonous "solutions" to our problems.


Trying to live simply and naturally with the aim of enjoying life in the present and preventing diseases in the future is easier than you’d think, yet does come with its own set of challenges, namely the 1:00am Swiss Cake Roll craving so severe it wakes you from a dead sleep, dreaming of shirtless gentlemen such as Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale fighting over who could give you a piggyback ride first. I plan to use this blog to offer the tricks and tools that work for me in the hopes that they work for You too. After all, being healthy shouldn't be a luxury; it should be available to all. It's exhausting to live only for yourself, assuming that your well-being has no impact on anyone around you, and vice versa.


And with that, I head into my kitchen to store my freshly made Creamy Tomato Soup before I call it a night. (Oh, and don't you worry. That recipe will make its way into this blog in due time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment